Recordings of Get Hired Now sessions are now available! Click here to view the webinar videos.
This isn’t the job search you expected—DU is here to help.
Get Hired Now is an annual program at the end of Spring Quarter to help graduating students learn the necessary skills to successfully land a job after graduation. This year, Get Hired Now is going virtual, and because of the economic impacts of the COVID-19 health crisis, we’re adding a theme: Purposeful & Prepared. During this uncertain time, we are here to help you find meaning in your job search and your career, so you can enter this search with purpose. And as you learn new skills to craft your resume and cover letters, refresh your interviewing techniques, or try out a new networking tip, our goal is that you feel prepared for any job search—now and in the future.
Whether you’re a graduating student and didn’t expect to have to do a virtual job search, or you find yourself searching for a new job when you didn’t expect to at all, Get Hired Now is for you. Join us as we help you create meaningful career goals, humanize your resume and cover letter, organize your job search to reduce your stress, and learn effective interviewing and negotiating techniques.
Schedule and Session Registration
Registration is not required in advance; the registration links will remain live during each webinar so that you may join at your convenience. All times listed are in Mountain Daylight Time.
Monday, June 15
- 10:00-10:45am: Humanize Your Resume and Cover Letter
- 12:00-1:00pm: Creating Your Own Personal Advisory Board
- 4:00-5:00pm: The Power to Make an Impact: Exploring the Possibilities to Live a Life of Conviction, Purpose and Meaning
Tuesday, June 16
- 10:00-10:45am: Navigating Networking and LinkedIn in a Virtual World
- 4:00-5:00pm: Creating a Meaningful Career
Wednesday, June 17
- 10:00-10:45am: Efficiently Organizing Your Job Search
- 12:00-1:00pm: Meet and Eat with Career & Professional Development
- 4:00-5:00pm: The Art of the Interview: How to Tell Your Story
Thursday, June 18
- 10:00-10:45am: Effective Interview Strategies
- 12:00-1:00pm: Q&A with Denver Recruiters
- 4:00-5:00pm: Positive Thinking for Job Search Resilience
Friday, June 19 RESCHEDULED to Friday, June 26 in observance of Juneteenth
The University of Denver has named Juneteenth a day of reflection, learning and action and will hold no classes. To honor this, the following webinars have been moved from June 19 to June 26.
- 10:00-10:45am: Negotiate Your Salary and Earn More
- 12:00-1:00pm: Meet and Greet with DU’s Regional Engagement Team
For session descriptions and a downloadable schedule, please click here.